Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you sign up to use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, the email or phone number you used to subscribe to the DataScope Service and any other information you provide to us.
Additionally, we may collect and use the following information obtained via the Website or our other online activities:
- If you contact us with a question, comment or complaint (which may include a DataScope Service issue), we may collect your name and contact information (such as your email address or mailing address) in order for us to respond to your request. We may also keep a record of the correspondence in order to assist you again in the future.
- If you request a free trial or a demo, or register for a webinar, we may collect your name, job title, email address and certain information about your company. We use this information to contact you and otherwise facilitate your free trial, demo, or participation in the webinar, as applicable.
- If you participate in a message board, community forum, chat room or similar community, we may collect your name and email address, as well as any comments, suggestions and other feedback you provide as postings. We may use your comments, suggestions or feedback to monitor and/or improve our product and service offerings and our Website. Please remember that any information that you provide in these comment areas is accessible to the public, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information about yourself or anyone else.
- If you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by DataScope or participate in one of our surveys or other forms of customer research, we may ask you for information (such as your name and email address). The information we collect from these contests, promotions and surveys may be associated with individual customer accounts and used by us to facilitate your participation in the contest, promotion, survey or customer research and to improve our overall customer experience by helping us better understand our customers.
- If you sign up to receive DataScope emails on certain pages of our Website, or if you have provided your contact information to us for the reasons set out in (ii), (iii) or (iv), above, we may also send you mail or e-mail regarding products and services that we believe are of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such mailings from us, at any time you may simply "opt-out" by checking the appropriate box on the original submission form, or by using the unsubscribe mechanism in any of our emails.
It is important to note that while you can generally visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information, we do create and record certain technical information automatically. Some of the types of technical information we automatically collect include:
Preferred Language (session[:loc]): Stores a cookie to remember the language preference selected by a visitor on their first visit.
Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz): Used to collect information about how visitors use the Website. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Website. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including (by way of example only), the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from and the pages they visited.See "How Google Uses Data When You Use our Partners' Sites or Apps"
Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites to you, you cannot refuse them to use the site normaly.
Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites for you.
We use third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our services.
Your personal data might be collected by Smartsupp.com, s.r.o., VAT ID CZ03668681. If you don't want to be recorded you can disable it here.
Other information collected
- Web Beacon Data: This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor our Website for you and other future visitors to our Website.
- Log Data: Our servers automatically record certain information ("log data") including information that your browser or mobile app sends whenever you visit a website. This log data may include your IP (Internet protocol) address, the address of the web pages you visited and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Device Information: In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Depending on the situation, DataScope may obtain consent to the collection of personal information in different ways. Express consent may be obtained verbally, online or in writing. Implied consent may be obtained through your use of our Website, the DataScope Service or other DataScope services, or when you approach us to obtain information, inquire about or request services from us. We will indicate when your consent is a condition of obtaining a service.
Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
As a matter of practice, DataScope does not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information provided to us, except as set out in this Policy and, in the case of information provided to us via the DataScope Service, as provided in the Subscription Agreement between DataScope and our customers. With respect to both the DataScope Service and the Website, the following applies:
Service Providers: We currently do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your permission. We may disclose or transfer personal information to our partners, consultants and suppliers who provide services on our behalf (collectively, our "service providers"); however, these service providers are only given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes.
Sale of Business: DataScope may disclose or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of DataScope, or of any of the business or assets or shares of DataScope.
Legal Obligations: We and our service providers may provide personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons, data or property. We will attempt to notify you about legal demands for your personal information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order, or when the request is an emergency.
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to your personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
We retain the personal information that is provided to us for such periods as we believe is useful, or as may be required by contract (such as your Subscription Agreement with DataScope), law or regulation. In some cases, we may choose to retain certain personal information in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
Storage and Location of the Site and your Use
DataScope operates or controls the operation of this Site and the Service from United States and Chile. In addition, the Site and the Service may be mirrored, and other websites operated or controlled by DataScope may be located, at various locations in and outside of the United States. DataScope makes no representation or warranty that all of the features of this Site or Service will be available to you outside of the United States, or that they are permitted to be accessed outside of the United States. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any decision by you to use of this Site and/or the Service from other locations, and that such use may be subject to, and that you are responsible for, compliance with applicable local laws.
Personal information provided to DataScope by way of the DataScope Service is stored in the United States. However, in the course of providing services, it may be transferred to and processed by staff or service providers operating in Chile. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, order fulfillment, payment processing and the provision of professional and support services.
Website and other personal information that we collect via our Website or other means may be transferred to, stored and processed at various locations around the world, by staff who work for us or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, providing demos, managing contests or other promotions and making hiring decisions on behalf of DataScope.
Accuracy and Access
We give you many choices about the collection, use and sharing of your personal information, including advertising opt-outs and communication controls. If you submit personal information via our Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information by submitting a written request and satisfactory identification to our team (see "How Can You Contact Us" below).
Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.
If you find any errors in your personal information, please contact us as soon as possible.
This Policy was last updated on May 22, 2018.
This Policy may be updated from time to time to reflect changes to our personal information practices. The revised Policy will be posted on this Website. If you continue to use the Website after these changes are in effect, you will be deemed to have agreed to them. We encourage you to periodically check this Policy to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns that you may have about this Policy or our personal information practices. You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.